The goal of the ICPD is to unite scientists from different disciplines and various countries to advance the study and understanding of health and disease in animals managed for food production.
It has its roots in the study of metabolic and nutritional diseases affecting health and welfare of farm animals. Nowadays the scope of the conference extended with many other disciplines in ruminant, swine and poultry science, such as epidemiology, genetics and immunology.
- PROHEALTH: Sustainable control of pig and poultry production disease;
- Heat stress: consequences and prevention;
- Reproductive disorders in farm animals;
- Locomotion disorders;
- Adaptation to lactation;
- Gut health and microbiota;
- Production diseases in poultry;
- Welfare and production trade-offs;
- Economics of disease;
- Free communications
15 February 2016: abstract submission deadline
15 March 2016: notification of abstracts
15 April 2016: deadline for early bird registration fee