An inspiring event for life sciences students, professionals and animal lovers. The organizers invite you to share new perspectives, hear forward thinkers, learn about recent developments in animal ethics, policy and science, and discover what dimensions animal welfare has for you.
- 12:30 - 13:00 Welcome, administration, coffee & tea;
- 13:00 - 13:15 Introduction: the social aspects of animal welfare - ir. Sarah Pesie, Animal Welfare Scientist & Animal Wise Consultancy;
- 13:15 -14:00 Policy development: the positive list in the Netherlands - Paul Bours, Senior Policy Advisor Animal Welfare at Ministry of Economic Affairs;
- 14:00 - 14:45 Think Positive: Why Europe needs ‘Positive Lists’ to regulate the sale and keeping of exotic animals as pets - AAP Rescue Centre for Exotic Animals;
- 15:00 -15:45 Animal Ethics, Cognition and Subjectivity - A Posthuman Perspective - dr. Francesco De Giorgo, Biologist, Ethologist and forward thinker in Animal Ethics and Quality of Life;
- 15:45 -16:30 Animal Farm: how applied animal behaviour science contributes to improved farm animal welfare - dr. ir. Bas Rodenburg, Associate Professor Behavioural Ecology, Wageningen University;
- 16:30 - 17:30 Questions and panel discussion;
- 17:30 - 19:00 Networking drink & closure.
Registration fee includes the conference participation, coffee and tea, drinks during the networking reception afterwards.
WUR student or PhD € 13,-
WUR employee € 20,-
Non-WUR student or PhD € 20,-
Normal participant € 45,-